Having seen most hardware and software at work, we can share lessons learned and best practices with particular products.
As a partner of all the major vendors, we recommend what is best for *you*, not just a particular product line. We have no sales quotas.
Relationships with vendors and knowledge of discount timing helps us secure favorable pricing for your purchases.
How it Works
We approach hardware and software selection advisory with a proven process:
- 1Requirements Definition. Determine and document the current pain points, needs and constraints that prompted exploring a purchase.
- 2Design a Solution. Architect a solution that meets the requirements and maximizes the value to be delivered through the chosen budget.
- 3Solicit Feedback. Present our draft architecture and receive feedback to be incorporated as the project moves forward.
- 4Propose Products. Recommend a set of products from the industry’s top vendors, based on competitive pricing, your needs, and our experience.
- 5Purchase and Implement. Execute the purchase and provide setup or integration support as needed.
CVM clients leveraging our purchase advisory services have seen the following benefits:
- Lower overall costs
- Avoidance of common pitfalls with particular products, based on the particulars of your environment
- Greater understanding of the options available
- Increased confidence in purchase
- Security that implementation support is available if needed
We are happy to share more detailed information on our process and experience, and to learn more about your needs. Want to set up a call to see we can assist? Drop us a line.
Reasons to Consider CVM Purchase Advisory
High Cost of a Bad Decision
Choosing a sub-optimal piece of hardware or software can create significant cost and efficiency issues down the road. The expense of making a second purchase or investing the time to devise a patchwork solution when an alternative product would have allowed you to avoid the problem altogether is frustrating.
Understanding Your Environment
As IT consultants and engineers ourselves, we are better equipped to understand your current environment and its implications than a sales organization. As a result, we can help you avoid issues before they happen, based on your unique situation. The result is lower costs and more value from your purchase.
Personal Experience with the Hardware or Software in Question
Having used hundreds of products either ourselves or for our clients, we nearly always have personal experience to share with you when considering a given piece of technology. We can give you the advantages and strengths of a product, as well as the weaknesses and limitations that a vendor would never mention. We can also compare products at a much more granular level, having seen them both in production environments.